Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sharing a Pot of Curry


Today I was at school with my kids to welcome and give a tour to a group of prospective families from Reach Prep who were considering our school. Fontella, a fellow parent and friend, was there too with her daughters, and she gave me a warm hug and freely shared her lovely smile. Like their mom, the D. girls are earnest, hardworking, and beautiful, both inside and out.

Last year, Fontella brought a Jamaican curry chicken to one of the school's Multicultural family group get togethers. It was the best curry chicken I had eaten, because the chicken was the softest and silkiest I had ever tasted. It was addictive. After that night, I would fondly tease Fontella with a "Where is my curry chicken?"

Well today was no different. I went on and on about where was my curry chicken, hugged her goodbye, and went home.

A couple hours later, I got a call from Fontella. Surprise! She went home and actually made curry chicken, and she called me to come pick up some.

Don't you agree I have lovely friends?

For more information on how Fontella cooks her curry chicken, go to my food blog, Big, Bold, Beautiful Food.

No comments:

Post a Comment