Thursday, October 1, 2009

Breathe

School is so busy that sometimes it feels like I don't have time to breathe.

But you have to breathe to live.

When I need to reground myself, my form of breathing is to get to the reason why I'm at school in the first place -- the kids.

Instead of worrying about whatever I was worrying about, I went for a quick run on the elliptical and then out to the field hockey field to join JV field hockey practice.

I hadn't picked up a stick in 25 years, but in short order, I was shooting on the goalie and participating in drills.

One girl, Lauren, who just started field hockey this week, was fabulous. While she was new to the technical part of field hockey, she was an expert in passion and spunk. And that piece is going to make her a great field hockey player and teammate.

My time on the field was exhilirating! The fresh, cool air cleared my brain. My muscles burned. The kids inspired.

I breathed.

No comments:

Post a Comment